Sales Adviser Full-time JobAug 29th, 2023 at 08:57 Real Estate Maidstone 108 views Reference: 121
Our Sales Advisers help customers find their dream home and provide excellent customer service throughout the sales process.
You would need to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills to enable you to build rapport with customers to understand their needs and requirements. These would need to include listening skills, questioning skills, empathy, product demonstration and closing skills.
Reporting to a Sales Manager you'll be expected to …
Demonstrate comprehensive local knowledge including amenities, schools, transport links and competitors
Have a thorough understanding of our product and pricing
Effective lead follow up skills to convert enquiries to site visits
Utilise our Sales methodology, schemes and incentives effectively to close a sale
Achieve sales targets in line with business requirements
What you'll need?
To be successful in the role, we are looking for:
- Experience of delivering sales in a service environment e.g. housebuilding, retail, hospitality, banking, estate agency.
- Commercially astute with a good understanding of the market and competitors.
- Understands and acts upon customer needs to maintain Company reputation.
- Thrives on challenge, is resilient and driven to achieve personal and organisational targets.
- Able to remain calm and controlled under pressure.
- Keeps up to date with new thinking including legislation, economic conditions and technology.
- Communicates and negotiates persuasively - capable of influencing others assertively, building rapport with customers.
- Embraces change and explores new ways of working to help the continuous growth of the sales operation.
- Encourages and supports people in the team, sharing knowledge and best practice.
- Able to build relationships across functions, internally and externally.
- Self starter who works effectively without direct management
- Excellent communication skills.
- IT literate.
- Flexible with working pattern, must be able to work weekends and bank holidays
- Flexible with travel, sometimes at short notice
- Holds full driving license and have use of a vehicle for business travel
Our Company and Benefits
We've been nationally recognised as a 5 star housebuilder since 2009 for supplying high-quality homes for all generations. That's more than any other major housebuilder. It's because we combine the brightest minds, the latest technology, and a genuine commitment to putting customers first. We want the best people in the industry to help us shape the future of building. We have tailored opportunities for apprentices, graduates, experienced professionals and ex-Armed Forces personnel to come and help us stay one step ahead, and build the homes that Britain needs.
Barratt adopts a hybrid way of working which assumes that where roles allow, our office-based colleagues divide their time between working in the office, on our construction sites and sales offices, and working from home, as the role dictates. We recognise the many benefits that an effective hybrid working culture brings to both the Company and our colleagues.
We are building an organisation where anyone with drive and talent can pursue the career they want. We are building a culture where anyone, regardless of gender, race, sexuality, disability, background or any other characteristic, can progress and be proud to work for us.
As part of working for Barratt Developments PLC and specifically for this role we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive Bonus Scheme
- 26 days' holiday (increase by 1 day for every 3 years' continuous service up to 29 days)
- Choice of Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies
Our vision is to lead the future of housebuilding by putting customers at the heart of everything we do.
We build developments nationwide, from Aberdeen to Plymouth, helping to meet housing demand in towns, cities and rural areas. We provide high quality, value for money homes for all market sectors, plus homes for rent and shared ownership, and are leaders in brownfield development and urban regeneration.
Our three consumer brands, Barratt Homes, David Wilson and Barratt London make up the heart of our business and offer a variety of properties across the UK. From stylish apartments in the city of London to luxury detached houses in the beautiful countryside. We also have a commercial business Wilson Bowden creating spaces from industrial and office buildings to retail and leisure.
For our current job vacancies please visit www.barrattcareers.co.uk.